Shop by Category
Preparing Print-Ready Files
- All file formats must have a minimum of 350dpi (dots per inch) resolution. The images designed for the web have a low screen resolution of 72dpi.
- Print images need to be created at 350dpi or there will be a substantial drop in the image quality.
- All color artwork and images must be provided in CMYK color mode, unless otherwise stated.
- All black and white artwork and /or images must be provided in grayscale color mode. Heavy black ink might cause smearing
- We accept the following file formats: .pdf, .psd, .tif, .tiff, .jpg, .eps, .png, .gif, .bmp, .indd, .ai
What is a Bleed?
- In printing terminology, the bleed is the extra margin on a print product that is meant to be trimmed off when the product is trimmed to its final size. Bleed basically means that the color and graphics on a product "bleed off the page" to ensure continuity of the color to the edge of your product. A full bleed is required for all print-ready files. For the correct bleed for your product, please view the list below. For example, most business cards have a 0.1" bleed, so a 2" x 3.5" business card will have a bleed size of 2.1" x 3.6".
Bleed ensures continuation of colors, images and designs past the final trim size to prevent imperfections from possible cutting shifts. Build your print-ready digital files by adding the appropriate bleed. We require ALL files to be built to the full bleed dimensions specified for each trim size. We automatically trim the bleed off each edge, which will result in the desired trim size.
Please allow the accurate cutting tolerance around your design. We do not recommend borders due to possible shifting in the cutting process, which may cause borders to appear uneven.
Any questions about preparing your files or to request one of our templates to design your file, please fill in information below and one of our design experts will contact you within 24 hours.