The cookie settings on this website are set to 'allow all cookies' to give you the very best experience. Please click Accept Cookies to continue to use the site.

2018 Hurricane Center Predictions

2018 Hurricane Center Predictions

Posted by www.ComNet89.com on Jun 28th 2018

"Remember; when disaster strikes, the time to prepare has passed." -- Steven Cyros

“Despair is most often the offspring of ill-preparedness.” “We cannot stop natural disasters but we can arm ourselves with knowledge: so many lives wouldn't have to be lost if there was enough disaster preparedness.” “Preparedness, when properly pursued, is a way of life, not a sudden, spectacular program.”

For the 2018 Hurricane Season, forecasters predict a 35% chance of an above-normal season, a 40% chance of a near-normal season, and a 25% chance of a below-normal season for the upcoming hurricane season, which extends from June 1 to November 30.

NOAA’s forecasters predict a 70% likelihood of 10 to 16 named storms (winds of 39 mph or higher), of which 5 to 9 could become hurricanes (winds of 74 mph or higher), including 1 to 4 major hurricanes (category 3, 4 or 5; with winds of 111 mph or higher). An average hurricane season produces 12 named storms, of which 6 become hurricanes, including 3 major hurricanes.

2018 Atlantic Tropical Cyclone Names

  • Alberto
  • Beryl
  • Chris
  • Debby
  • Ernesto
  • Florence
  • Gordon
  • Helene
  • Isaac
  • Joyce
  • Kirk
  • Leslie
  • Michael
  • Nadine
  • Oscar
  • Patty
  • Rafael
  • Sara
  • Tony
  • Valerie
  • William

Click Here to be forwarded to the National Hurricane Preparedness Center

Source: NOAA